- telephone: +302821037285
- email: nikostdpem.tuc.gr
- address: School of Production Engineering and Management, Technical University of Crete, 73100 Chania, Greece
- office: D4.103
Specialty: Robotics, Manufacturing Technology.
Brief CV: Nikolaos Tsourveloudis is a Professor of Manufacturing Technology. He leads the Intelligent Systems and Robotics Laboratory and the Machine Tools Laboratory. His current research interests are mainly in the area of autonomous navigation of field robots. His teaching focuses on manufacturing and robotic technologies and he has published more than 100 scientific papers on these topics. Dr. Tsourveloudis’ research group has been honored with numerous prizes and awards, among which the most recent ones are: the 3rd EURON/EUROR Robotic Technology Transfer award (2009) and the 1st ADAC Safety award (2010, 2011, 2016 and 2017) for the TUCer low consumption prototype. Apart from been an invited speaker, author and reviewer, Nikolaos Tsourveloudis serves as an editor for scientific journals and conferences. He is a member of professional and scientific organizations and was founding member and president of the Hellenic association of Industrial Engineers. Several public organizations and private companies have funded his research.
Education: Diploma (1990) and PhD (1995) in Production and Management Engineering, Technical University of Crete.
Research Interests: Field Robotics, Computational Intelligence, Production Systems Modeling and Control.
Piperidis S., Chrysomallis I., Georgakopoulos S., Ghionis N., Doitsidis L., Tsourveloudis N., “A ROS-Based Energy Management System for a Prototype Fuel Cell Hybrid Vehicle”, Energies, vol. 14, no. 7, 2021.
Spanoudakis P., N. Tsourveloudis, L. Doitsidis, E. Karapidakis, "Experimental results of transmission use on electric vehicle’s energy consumption", Energies, vol. 12, no. 3, 2019.
Spanoudakis P., N. C. Tsourveloudis, "A Prototype Variable Transmission System for Electric Vehicles: Energy Consumption Issues", Int. Journal of Automotive Technology, vol. 16, no.3, 2015.
Limnaios G., N. C. Tsourveloudis, K. P. Valavanis K., Introduction - Chapter 1 in "Sense and Avoid in UAV Research and Application", Wiley, 2012.
N. I. Vitzilaios, N. C. Tsourveloudis, "An Experimental Test Bed for Small Unmanned Helicopters", Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems, vol. 54, no. 5, pp. 769-794, 2009.
Tsourveloudis N. C., L. Doitsidis and S. Ioannidis, "Work-in-process scheduling by evolutionary tuned fuzzy controllers", Int. Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, vol. 34, no. 7-8, pp. 748-761, 2007.
- Tsalatsanis A., K. P. Valavanis, N. C. Tsourveloudis, "Mobile Robot Navigation Using Sonar and Range Measurements from Uncalibrated Cameras," International Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems , vol. 48, no. 2, pp. 253-284, 2007. pdf
- Nikolos Y., N. C. Tsourveloudis, K. P. Valavanis, "Evolutionary Algorithm Based Path planning for Multiple UAV Cooperation," Advances in Unmanned Aerial Vehicles, State of the Art and the Road to Autonomy , Series: Intelligent Systems, Control and Automation: Science and Engineering , vol. 33, ISBN: 978-1-4020-6113-4, 2007.
- Tsourveloudis N. C., "Knowledge based Measurement of Enterprise Agility", in Intelligent Knowledge-Based Systems: Business and Technology of the New Millennium, vol.1, chapter 3, Kluwer Academic Press, C. T. Leondes (ed.), pp. 67-82, 2005. pdf
- Ioannidis S., N. C. Tsourveloudis, K. P. Valavanis, "Fuzzy Supervisory Control of Manufacturing Systems", IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation, vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 379-389, 2004. pdf
- Tsourveloudis N. C., K. P. Valavanis, T. Hebert, "Autonomous Vehicle Navigation Utilizing Electrostatic Potential Fields and Fuzzy Logic", IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation, vol. 17, no 4, pp. 490-497, 2001. pdf
- Tsourveloudis N. C., E. Dretoulakis, S. Ioannidis, "Fuzzy Work-in-process Inventory Control of Unreliable Manufacturing Systems", Information Sciences, vol. 127, no. 1-2, pp. 69-83, 2000. pdf
- Valavanis K. P., T. Hebert, R. Kolluru, N. C. Tsourveloudis, "Mobile Robot Navigation in 2-D Dynamic Environments Using Electrostatic Potential Fields", IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics-Part A, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 187-197, 2000. pdf
- Kolluru R., K. P. Valavanis, S. Smith, N. C. Tsourveloudis, "Design Fundamentals of a Reconfigurable Robotic Gripper System", IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics-Part A, vol. 30, no. 2, pp. 181-187, 2000. pdf
- Tsourveloudis N. C., R. Kolluru, K. P. Valavanis, D. Gracanin, "Suction Control of a Robotic Gripper System: A Neuro-fuzzy approach", International Journal of Intelligent and Robotic Systems, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 215-235, 2000. pdf
- Gracanin D., K. P. Valavanis, N. C. Tsourveloudis, M. Matijasevic, "Virtual environment based navigation and control of an underwater vehicle for managing coastal water environments", IEEE Robotics and Automation Magazine, vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 52-63 June 1999. pdf
- Tsourveloudis N. C., Y. A. Phillis, "Manufacturing Flexibility Measurement: A Fuzzy Logic Framework", IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation, vol. 14, no. 4, pp. 513-524, 1998. pdf
- Tsourveloudis N. C., Y. A. Phillis, "Fuzzy Assessment of Machine Flexibility", IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, vol. 45, no. 1, pp. 78-87, 1998. pdf
- Tsourveloudis N. C., Y. A. Phillis, "Fuzzy Measurement of Manufacturing Flexibility", Applications of Fuzzy Logic: Towards High Machine Intelligence Quotient Systems, M. Jamshidi, A. Titli, L. Zadeh, S. Boverie (eds.), Volume 7, Prentice Hall, pp. 201-222, 1997.